LaBoite and MDH Grant
2018 MAD DANCE HOUSE GRANT - APPLY NOW
A unique funded opportunity for a Brisbane-based artist to develop a dance-theatre work in 2018, with the support of Mad Dance House (MDH) and La Boite.
The grant will include a residency period, with time divided between MDH studios and La Boite, as well as an opportunity to present a showing of the work, and a financial contribution towards fees and expenses. While developing the work, the artist will receive administrative, artistic and production support from the La Boite artistic team and Mad Dance House’s Meg Cooper.
The MDH Grant is designed to offer:
- The equivalent of four weeks full time rehearsal across LB and MDH studios, between Oct – Dec 2018, inclusive of three performance nights at the Roundhouse Theatre. Dates to be negotiated with LB and MDH upon announcement of the MDH Grant recipient;
- A $10,000 fee to cover artist fees and materials;
- Artistic and administrative support from a professional theatre company and dance studio;
- Resources to create a new Australian dance-theatre work, including space, mentorship, a week-long showing/outcome presentation, and marketing & communications support where appropriate.
How to apply?
To apply for the 2018 Mad Dance House Grant, please address the following questions in no more than 2 A4 pages and email your application to Creative Producer, Sanja Simic, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who are you and what is your experience as a dance-theatre practitioner?
- What is your project and/or concept?
- Who is involved (artists and/or creative team)?
- Please provide a timeline that speaks to the development of the project over a three month period.
- Please provide a budget that addresses where, when and how you plan to use the $10,000 over the three month period.
Please also include the following support material:
- A current CV, which demonstrates your skills and experience;
- A letter of support from an industry professional that speaks to your suitability for this grant.
Who can apply?
Individuals and groups are eligible to apply for the grant. Please note that you must be a practicing artist or arts worker and an Australian citizen.
This grant is available to Brisbane-based artists only.
When do applications close?
5 January 2018, 5PM.
Applicants will be notified by late-January 2018.